Salary range: $65,000-$75,000
Summary of Position
The Kansas City Medical Society Foundation is the charitable arm of the Kansas City Medical Society. A 501(c)(3) public charity, we operate the Wy Jo Care and Metro Care charitable care programs that deliver over $8 million worth of donated specialty care to uninsured patients each year. In addition, we carry out programs advancing the overall health and health equity of people across greater Kansas City.
KCMS Foundation seeks a Development Director committed to the growth and advancement of our mission through philanthropic fundraising and contract development. In collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors, the Development Director oversees all aspects of fundraising, marketing, and public relations to support a goal of $850,000 in FY2023.
- Develop and execute an annual and long-term fund development plan to meet organizational goals, analyze results and effectiveness of development plan to develop results-driven strategy;
- Develop and implement an individual giving program that leverages current assets while building organizational capacity over time;
- Maintain and grow institutional funder program: manage the foundation grant program, develop a state and federal government grant program, manage all aspects of grant programs including prospecting and reporting, and manage contract grant writer(s) to maximize efficacy;
- Maintain and grow the contract/earned revenue program: manage current contracts for services, ensure prompt and thorough reporting, prospect for new contracts/earned revenue that align with agency mission, with program team develop effective and competitive proposals that align with agency mission and capacity;
- Manage the day-to-day development and communications operations, support effective utilization of CRM;
- Support the CEO with Board engagement and the program team with community engagement;
- Report to the Chief Executive Officer.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate they have:
- Passion for the mission and values of Kansas City Medical Society Foundation;
- Extraordinary written and oral communication skills with the ability to connect a wide range of audiences with agency vision;
- At least 5 years of fundraising experience;
- Proven track record of researching, engaging, soliciting, and maintaining relationships with stakeholders;
- Demonstrated success in managing a comprehensive fund development program which includes individual giving, philanthropic grants management, government grants management, and contract development.
- Ability to self-motivate, work independently, effectively manage multiple deadlines, and lead a team of contractors and volunteers;
- Enhanced logical and intuitive problem-solving abilities, proven organizational, prioritization, and project management skills, team orientation;
- Ability to successfully address challenges and make decisions in alignment with strategic organizational objectives;
- Experience with Bloomerang and Spanish language skills preferred;
- A personal mission to improve community health outcomes through equity and access for all residents of the Kansas City region.
This position is full time, hybrid, with a flexible work schedule, based in the Kansas City metropolitan area. The flexibility to work some evenings and weekends is necessary. Benefits include PTO, paid holidays, ability to work from home, and a health stipend. Salary range is $65,000 to $75,000.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for the Development Director position, send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter that includes a summary of your relevant experience and a specific explanation of why you are interested in working at the Kansas City Medical Society Foundation
- A detailed resume
- A list of three references. Please include a reference from your volunteer activity or civic organization.
Please include your name and “Development Director” in the subject line.