The fourth quarter issue of Kansas City Medicine, the Medical Society’s award-winning journal, is here. Watch for your copy in the mail later this month.
Read the current issue. Featured in this issue:
– Profiles of former Kansas Gov. Jeff Colyer, MD; Kansas State Sen. Barbara Bollier, MD; and Missouri State Rep. Jonathan Patterson, MD. How these three physicians are making a difference by serving in elected office.
– Advocacy tips: How physicians can build relationships with the legislators representing the districts where they live and practice. Important decisions are being made that will shape the environment and rules under which physicians will practice in the future. Find out how to keep informed about legislative issues and make the physician voice heard!
Annual Meeting Recap
– Summary of remarks by keynote speaker Vanila Singh, MD, MACM, Stanford University professor who served for two years as a chief medical officer in the Department of Health & Human Services. She discussed the findings of the federal inter-agency task force on pain management that she chaired.
– Photos from the Annual Meeting. See who was there!
– Expanded profiles of the 2019 KCMS Award recipients, including former Kansas City Mayor Charles B. Wheeler, Jr., MD, JD, the Lifetime Achievement Award honoree. Also profiled are Friend of Medicine honoree Patrick “Rusty” Ryan, PharmD, as well as the five Member Award recipients