Attention Patients: It’s Safe to See Your Doctor
Have you delayed seeking medical care—urgent or non-urgent—because you’re afraid of visiting a clinic or hospital out of fear of contracting COVID-19? Your physicians of the greater Kansas City area want to let you know: It’s safe to see the doctor.
We remind you about the importance of keeping up with your medical care:
- Seek emergency care if you are having chest pains or signs of stroke
- Consult your physician about pain or other symptoms that could get worse or be a warning of a serious illness if you leave them untreated
- Keep up with your child’s immunizations, so your child is protected against major infectious diseases. Learn more
- Continue your care for any chronic conditions you have such as high blood pressure or diabetes—so these remain under control and don’t cause you further harm
- Avoiding or minimizing time in the waiting room
- Everyone—staff and patients—wears a mask
- Regular cleaning of frequently touched surfaces
- Pre-screening and temperature checks for COVID symptoms
- When appropriate for your symptoms and needs, completing your appointment over your smartphone or computer using telemedicine
Don’t risk your health! Get care when you need it!
Don’t have a physician? See this list of area health system physician directories.