Ensuring the health of our patients more and more depends on factors outside the exam room or treatment suite. Find out how to be a leader and to advocate for your patients and medicine at the KCMS webinar, “Advocating for Your Patients in 2021: How to Lead in a Time of Rapid Change.” Set for Saturday, January 30, the webinar runs from 8 to 11 a.m. and is free to KCMS members, residents and students.
Our outstanding panel of speakers will include:
- Mark Brady, MD, FASA, KCMS past president who also has spent many years as an advocate at the state and national levels, and who led a highly successful national fundraising campaign for a specialty society political action committee.
- Rachelle Colombo, executive director of the Kansas Medical Society, who previously served nine years as KMS director of government affairs.
- Bridget McCandless, MD, MBA, FACP, KCMS past president and past CEO of the Health Forward Foundation, who has spent over 20 years as an advocate for the poor and underserved.
- (Just added!) Rex Archer, MD, MPH, director of the Kansas City, Mo., Department of Health, who is highly regarded nationally as a transformational leader in public health for his work in addressing the root causes of health inequities and promoting community health.
- Moderator will be Jim Wetzel, MD, who recently retired as senior vice president and chief medical officer at Olathe Health System, and who is a KCMS board member and chair of the Strategic Initiatives Committee.
Prepare to be a leader in shaping the future of medicine!