Recipients of 2020 KCMS Awards Announced
Congratulations to our 2020 KCMS Award winners! The awards were presented at the Virtual Annual Meeting on Wednesday, October 21, 2020.
- Donald Potts, MD (Lifetime Achievement Award) Recognizes a KCMS member physician for leadership, lifelong commitment to health and dedication to the health of the greater Kansas City community. Read Kansas City Medicine profile of Dr. Potts. See video of the Annual Meeting presentation to Dr. Potts.
- Public Health Departments of Metropolitan Kansas City (Friend of Medicine Award) Recognizes a non-physician for outstanding service to medicine. Read Kansas City Medicine profile of the public health departments.
- Member Awards:
- Edward (Ted) Higgins, MD (Community Service Award) Recognizes a KCMS member physician, practice or facility that has serviced in community leadership made a significant contribution to the community. Read profile.
- Mark Austenfeld, MD (Exemplary Leadership Award) Recognizes a KCMS member for outstanding leadership and service. Read profile.
- Michelle Haines, MD (Innovation Award) Recognizes a KCMS member physician or physician group practice that has led innovation in their practice or in the delivery of health care. Read profile.
- Lee Norman, MD (Patient and Community Advocate Award) Recognizes a KCMS member physician who has made significant contributions to helping patients with access to care or improved quality of care. Read profile.
- Brian Mieczkowski, DO (Rising Star Award) Recognizes a KCMS member physician who has made significant contributions to medicine, their practice or the Medical Society early in their career. Read profile.