The Kansas City Medical Society Foundation, the charitable arm of the Kansas City Medical Society, is seeking a qualified individual to serve as our Business Manager.
The Business Manager provides management, administrative and project/event coordination functions for the Kansas City Medical Society Foundation in a virtual office environment. This position reports to the Chief Program Officer.
Minimum Key Responsibilities:
- Manage business functions; calendar and prepare reports and updates, support hr, payroll, accounting, audit, fundraising, and communications functions. Provide high-level administrative support for governance, programs, fundraising and special events.
- Support board and committees; schedule, prepare for, and staff meetings. Ensure agenda and support packets are prepared and distributed on time. Brief board and committee members prior to meetings. Prepare minutes and present for board signature. Calendar action items. Calendar routine tasks. Communicate needs, results and action items from meetings to all identified parties.
- Schedule and staff meetings; research contacts, coordinate schedules, request meetings, schedule and set up meeting rooms, organize all logistics, including needed materials and refreshments.
- Support fundraising and grants management; implement grant readiness plan, maintain commonly-used documentation, track grant eligibility and compliance, calendar updates needed for grants, report state, federal and philanthropic opportunities when posted, support application development and reporting, support individual giving, manage database.
- Provide clerical and administrative support for Executive Director and CPO.
- Cross-communicate between committees, board members and staff team.
- Organize files for use by entire staff and contractor team.
- Manage and/or support special projects and events, including development of timelines and collateral, project management and problem-solving.
- Bachelor degree in business, communications or similar focus, or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Google docs, and database management with ability to explore and master new technologies.
- At least three years’ experience in office and/or project management, with demonstrated competencies in meeting deadlines, managing details, calendaring and completing tasks, preparing reports and communications.
- At least two years’ experience in fundraising project development and management, community outreach and marketing, and/or compliance documentation management.
- Successful experience providing administrative support to executives and Boards of Directors and representing an agency in professional settings.
- Demonstrated ability to provide the minimum key responsibilities described above.
- Prefer candidates with diverse backgrounds and skill sets.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a full-time position. KCMSF offers an attractive team-oriented flexible work environment, paid time off/vacation, and health stipend.
KCMSF is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, disability, national origin, citizenship, age, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, ancestry or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 – 49,999,$50,000 – 74,999
Be part of our mission to coordinate volunteer specialty care for the uninsured and promote community health. Learn more about the Kansas City Medical Society Foundation.