Register now for the KCMS Virtual Annual Meeting this Wednesday, Oct. 21, at 7 p.m. over Zoom.
- Join in honoring our 2020 Award recipients: Learn more about our Award recipients
- Donald Potts, MD (Lifetime Achievement Award)
- Public Health Departments of Metropolitan Kansas City (Friend of Medicine Award)
- Member Awards:
- Edward (Ted) Higgins, MD (Community Service Award)
- Mark Austenfeld, MD (Exemplary Leadership Award)
- Michelle Haines, MD (Innovation Award)
- Lee Norman, MD (Patient and Community Advocate Award)
- Brian Mieczkowski, DO (Rising Star Award)
- Hear an informative discussion on “Protecting and Promoting Community Health” from a panel of mayors and civic leaders:
- David Alvey, Unified Government of Wyandotte County and Kansas City, Kan.
- Peggy Dunn, Leawood, Kan.; former United Way chair; past Truman Medical Centers Charitable Foundation board member
- Quinton Lucas, Kansas City, Mo.
- Eileen Weir, Independence, Mo.; board treasurer of MARC, past board member Truman Medical Centers
Learn more about each of our mayors and their leadership in protecting and promoting community health.
- Celebrate the presentation of an honorary KCMS membership to Chiefs lineman and 2018 medical school graduate Laurent Duvernay-Tardif.