Join with leaders in the Kansas City medical community for a five-week Leadership Book Study beginning October 6. Under the facilitation and expert guidance of Sarah Hon, DO, FAAN, and Betty Drees, MD, FACP, FACE, participants each week will read and discuss two leadership articles from the book HBR’s 10 Must Reads on Leadership. Sessions will be held weekly on Wednesdays from 6 to 7 p.m. over Zoom. The program has been approved for 5 CME credits.
Goals of the Leadership Book Study are:
- Build your own toolbox of leadership skills
- Apply new leadership skills to your own personal situation
- Develop a professional network of colleagues who are existing and emerging physician leaders
A member of the KCMS Board of Directors, Dr. Hon is president of Meritas Health Neurology and is associate professor and chair of the Division of Neurology at Kansas City University. A KCMS past president, Dr. Drees served from 2001-2014 as dean of the School of Medicine at the UMKC School of Medicine; today in addition to her UMKC duties, she is president of the Graduate School of the Stowers Institute for Medical Research.
Register now to email@example.com for this outstanding opportunity to learn from two highly regarded physician leaders.
Articles from the Book to Be Discussed at Each Session
- “Why Should Anyone Be Led by You?”
- “What Makes an Effective Executive”
- “The Triumph of Humility & Fierce Resolve”
- “What Makes a Leader?”
- “Transformations of Leadership”
- “What Leaders Really Do”
- “Discovering Your Authentic Leadership”
- “The Work of Leadership”
- “In Praise of the Incomplete Leader”
- “Crucibles of Leadership”