A strong community.
“A strong physician community is critical to
improving healthcare in Kansas City”
– John Gianino, MD Neurosurgeon, Truman Medical Center
“The relationships created in my local medical society
added incredible value to my professional life.”
– Larry Rues, MD Family Physician, Research Medical Center
Sign up to subscribe to our newsletter
The Kansas City Medical Society (formerly Metro Med) serves over 3,000 physicians in six counties in both Kansas and Missouri.
The Kansas City Medical Society has a rich 132-year history of preserving professionalism and integrity in medicine. Founded in the late 1800’s, the organization brought clean water to Kansas City, founded the Community Blood Bank and Blue Cross. The Kansas City Medical Society’s heritage demonstrates the organization’s longstanding commitment to a patient-focused mission.
To advance this patient-focused mission The Kansas City Medical Society focuses on six pillars that not only reflect integrity in medicine but look towards the future of Medicine in Kansas City.
• Advocates for physicians with legislators and insurance companies
• Provides educational programs on issues and trends in medicine
• Informs physicians through Kansas City Medicine – The Journal of the Kansas City Medical Society
• Coordinates via the Kansas City Medical Foundation over $12 million of volunteer health care for the uninsured and underinsured
• Promotes public health initiatives for the region
• Offers venues for networking among physicians
The Kansas City Medical Society is centrally located in Midtown,
300 E. 39th Street, Suite 2M, KCMO 64111.
The New Kansas City Medical Society – Advancing the health of people in the greater Kansas City Area.