Kansas City Medicine is published quarterly for the 2,500-plus members of the Kansas City Medical Society. Our award-winning journal covers current issues and trends in medicine, as well as news and events about the Medical Society and our members. Articles, commentaries and letters to the editor are welcome. Contact Jim Braibish, managing editor, 314-570-3532, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Find out about advertising in Kansas City Medicine.
- Do you have an idea for an article you would like to write or see in Kansas City Medicine? Read our FAQ for Authors.
- Read Previous Issues of Kansas City Medicine
Fall 2021 Top Stories
2021 Annual Meeting and Awards
- Scenes from the Annual Meeting
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Michael L. Weaver, MD
- Friend of Medicine Award: Ruth Ramsey
- Community Service Award: Todd Beardman, MD, and Denny Fugate, PharmD
- Patient and Community Advocate Award: Amy Patel, MD
- Innovation Award: John C. Hagan, III, MD
- Rising Star Award: Andrew Schlachter, MD
- Exemplary Leadership Award: Maninder Pabla, MD
- Blessings in Disguise: My Life Journey with Congenital Heart Disease – by Madeline Mapes
- Trends in the Ongoing Diabetes Pandemic – By Betty M. Drees, MD
- COVID-19 Vaccine Hesitancy Among Inpatient Psychiatric Patients – By Val Bellman, MD; Nina Russell; and Shazia Saleem, MD