The Kansas City Medical Society advocates for policies and programs that improve the health of all residents of greater Kansas City.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, KCMS has advocated for vaccinations and mask-wearing.
- The Medical Society has endorsed Medicaid expansion in Missouri and Kansas. We believe this is a priority to enable citizens to gain access to needed health care. Learn more.
- Prior to the enactment of medical marijuana legalization in Missouri, the Medical Society advised the community of our concerns that marijuana is not a prescription medicine, and that there is a lack of evidence confirming the effectiveness of marijuana for medical use. Learn more.
- The Medical Society urges physicians to make use of the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program available to jurisdictions across Missouri. In the Kansas City area, participating counties are Jackson, Clay and Cass. Learn more.
- In recent years, the Medical Society has been an active supporter of Tobacco 21 legislation that has been enacted by cities and counties across Kansas City. Learn more.