Recipients of 2020 KCMS Awards Announced
Congratulations to our 2020 KCMS Award winners! The awards will be presented at the Virtual Annual Meeting on Wednesday, October 21, at 7 p.m. over Zoom.
Donald Potts, MD
Donald Potts, MD (Lifetime Achievement Award) Recognizes a KCMS member physician for leadership, lifelong commitment to health and dedication to the health of the greater Kansas City community. Read Kansas City Medicine profile of Dr. Potts.
- Public Health Departments of Metropolitan Kansas City (Friend of Medicine Award) Recognizes a non-physician for outstanding service to medicine. Read Kansas City Medicine profile of the public health departments.
- Member Awards:
- Edward (Ted) Higgins, MD (Community Service Award) Recognizes a KCMS member physician, practice or facility that has serviced in community leadership made a significant contribution to the community. Read profile.
- Mark Austenfeld, MD (Exemplary Leadership Award) Recognizes a KCMS member for outstanding leadership and service. Read profile.
- Michelle Haines, MD (Innovation Award) Recognizes a KCMS member physician or physician group practice that has led innovation in their practice or in the delivery of health care. Read profile.
- Lee Norman, MD (Patient and Community Advocate Award) Recognizes a KCMS member physician who has made significant contributions to helping patients with access to care or improved quality of care. Read profile.
- Brian Mieczkowski, DO (Rising Star Award) Recognizes a KCMS member physician who has made significant contributions to medicine, their practice or the Medical Society early in their career. Read profile.
See a list of past honorees.
Questions? Contact Emily Whalen, email@example.com